In my last article I provided a free download of the report that was based on the results of a study that The McQuaig Institute conducted with 1038 executives in 2011. The report supported what we’ve been seeing for years now as far as leadership behavior is concerned. It generates a benchmark for leadership behavior, given that 80% of the participants had natural behavior patterns that would be categorized similarly. This creates the unique opportunity for new or aspiring leaders to easily compare their own preferred patterns of behaviour to a group of existing, successful leaders. The results of the study also provide us with an understanding as to why there are employee engagement issues in many organizations. It makes sense when the focus is more on generating results and less on building and leveraging the relationships necessary to create sustainable results.
- Balanced between being analytical and social
- Fast paced and pressure oriented
- Preferring room to manoeuvre and make decisions
- You are very self-confident and results oriented
- You are assertive and have a strong desire to succeed
- You are comfortable expressing your point of view
The challenge comes in collaborating with others. In situations that require a collaborative style of leadership this person wants to be in control of most situations and can come across as overbearing. Of course that's going to inhibit input from others on the team. This individual might also be seen as being too focused on their own agenda. I think that we would all agree that if we're trying to build the level of employee engagement none of those areas of development are going to have a positive impact.
Feel free to download a copy of the report below. I think you'll find it interesting. Of course there's only one way to know for sure what your Leadership DNA in this same context. We're offering a web based promotion that is 1/3 off of our standard fee for the following:
- 1 McQauig Self-Development Survey
- Our personal Leadership Development Plan
- 1 hour of web based coaching based on your results
- A half hour follow up session 1 month after our initial coaching session
Click on the button below to find our more.